- Chief Dr. Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri hails from Iguogbe in Isi Community of Uhunmwonde Local Government Area of Edo State. He was born on 22nd April, 1962 to the family of Late David Eiremwanarue and Christiana Omosukpon Edebiri.His childhood life was spent both in the village and the city having started his primary education at St Andrew’s Primary School Iguogbe and later proceeded to Ovoramwen Primary School in Benin City to continue his academic pursuit which took him to Warri and eventually to the United Kingdom. He has rendered services from the meanest casual labourers’ job, bush cutting then through the low class civil service job as a classroom teacher, challenging oilfield service engineer’s job and today as a chief executive of numerous successful indigenous organisation. As stated earlier, his life started in the village then proceeded to Benin for his early school days and thereafter since 1980 has travelled to all 36 states in Nigeria visiting over 200 cities across the country.
- Dr. Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri (JP) MON began his educational career at the Ovonramwen primary School in 1967 and finally in 2013 obtained a Ph.D degree from the European American University.
- In 2014, He obtained a Doctor of Science Award (honoris Causa) from the Commonwealth University, Belize City. Summary of Institutions attended and qualifications Obtained are as listed below.
Ovoramwen Primary School, Benin City – 1972
Western Boys High School, Benin City – 1979
Petroleum Training Institute, Effurun, Warri – 1985
University of Leicester, United Kingdom (PGD) – 2007
European-American University (Masters) – 2011
European – American University (PhD) – 2013
* 1st School leaving certificate
* Secondary School Certificate.
* Petroleum Training Institute Certificate in General Welding, Effurun, Delta State
* Petroleum Training Institute National Diploma in Welding and Fabrication, Effurun, Delta State.
* Postgraduate certificate in Business Administration, University of Leicester
* Masters in Business Administration, European – American University
* Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration, European-American University
* Doctor of Science (Honoris Causa) Commonwealth University, Belize City, Belize
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
- Basic Sales Course
- Non-intrusive Inspection Technology, Corrosion Monitoring Technology
- Product Technical Training
- Drilling and Completions
- Downhole Hydraulics and cementing
- Advance sales course
- Engineering repairs and protection technology
- Horizontal well completions
- Inflatable Packer application technology
- Thru tubing applications technology
- Workover and remedial operations
- Fire Prevention and fighting
- Safe handling of chemicals
- Journey management
- Professional studies in Leadership
He started his working career as a teacher in Oguola primary school in 1979, Arinze primary School and Usi primary School Benin city.
He worked as a welding/maintenance supervisor under the employment of Richwilson Services Limited from 1985 to 1987.
He went into private business 1987 and in 1989 Typha Cenia Nigeria Limited was established by him.
His on the job training which he undertook in both the UK and Nigeria, covered the areas of drilling , completions, work-over operations, non-intrusive inspection, corrosion control, safety and journey management.
MANAGEMENT POSITIONS HELD:
- Chairman/Managing Director, Typha Cenia Nigeria Limited
- Chairman/Managing Director, Thortex Nigeria Limited
- Chairman/Managing Director, Synia Nigeria Limited
- Chairman Sifawa Transport and Logistics Limited
- Chairman Sifawa Dynasty Limited
- Chairman/CEO KSD group Nigeria Limited
- Chairman/Managing Director David’s Mines Limited
- Chairman/CEO Viva Angels Limited
- President, Eagle Finance group, Ghana.
- President, Eddan Advance Institute, Accra, Ghana
- President Eddan Prestige Ltd, Accra, Ghana
- Vice President, Nigerian Institute of Welding, 2003-2006
- President Nigerian Institute of Welding , 2006-Date
- President West African Welding Federation. 2010 to date
- President PTI National Alumni Association
- Chairman Society of Petroleum Engineers, section 103, 2005-2006
- Chairman oil and gas Downstream, Port Harcourt Chambers of commerce
- Board Member SPE Section 103 Port Harcourt 2001/2002
- Board Member/Membership Committee Chairman Section 103 Port Harcourt 2002/2003
- Exhibition Chairman SPE Nigeria Council – Int. Conference 2003
- Board Member/Membership Committee chairman Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Chairman, Bendel United football club, 2002-2005
- Member International Institute of Welding (IIW) –Technical Management Board ( TMB)
- Chairman Nigerian Institute of Welding (NIW) – Authorised National Body (ANB) Governing Board
NGOs AND PATENTS
- Founder/President Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri Foundation
- Founder/President Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri Centre for Change (SIECC)
- Patented RITA as a product of Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri Center for Change (SIECC)
- Patented the M.H.D.S (Mobile Health Delivery Service) as a product of Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri Foundation (SIEF)
- Served in the presidential visitation panel instituted by Former president Olusegun Obasanjo to look into the administration of PTI.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Introduced the one trip option of deploying and cementing liner in place in SPDC
- 1st Nigerian to carry out online inspection of the Nigerian Refineries and Petrochemical plant
- Carried out corrosion control services on the largest gas plant in Africa
- An Outstanding member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Member, Nigerian Institute of welding
- Member Energy Institute, UK
- Member Nigeria safety society
- Member American welding Society
- Member Port Harcourt Chambers of Commerce
1.Between 2002 – 2003 Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri gave out more than N2 million to support local farmers in Edo south.
2. In 2012 Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri supported widows in Edo state with start up capital up to the tune of N2 million naira.
3. In 2012 immediately after the governorship election which Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri lost to the incumbent governor, he bought drugs and paid hospital bills running into millions for indigent patients at both the Central Hospital and the University of Benin Teaching Hospital in Benin.
4. In 2013, Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri sponsored more than 30 students from various secondary schools in Edo State to South Africa for a discovery tour.
5. Between 2011 – 2013, Chief Dr. solomon Edebiri sponsored the annual Catch Them Young Quiz Competition which is an intellectual program worth N3 million naira.
6. In 2013, Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri donated hugely towards the construction of hostels at the Catholic Mental Health Challenge Centre in Esan West Local Government in Edo Central.
7. In 2013, Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri built a standard Student Common Room worth Millions of Naira for the College of Education, Ekiadolor, Edo state.
8. Between 2011 – 2013 Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri bought drugs running into millions for Sickle Cell patients in Edo state.
9. More than 50 less privilege persons currently enjoy scholarship from Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri.
10. Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri Solely organised the centenary celebration of the last independent Oba of Benin Kingdom, Oba Ovonramen N’Ogbaisi on January, 2014
11. Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri also donated a huge sum of money for the construction of Auchi polytechnic building for Catholic students in 2013.
12. Between 2000 and 2004 Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri solely sponsored Bendel United Football Club having over 300 Edo state indigenes under his pay roll in Edo state.
13.Chief Solomon Edebiri was also the sole sponsor of the then Edo Football League cutting across the18 local government councils in an effort geared towards catching them young?
14.Chief Dr. Solomon Edebiri has also used his position in the society to influence the siting of the NATIONAL CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR WELDING ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY. The centre will play host to most Welding activities in the West African Sub Region. It is Located at Obayantor near Ologbo in Ikpoba Okha Local Government area of Edo State. The centre will be second to non in Africa when completed.
- Founded The People Progressive Party (PPP)
- 2007 Governorship Candidate under the PPP
- In 2011, Engineered the formation of coalition of Progressive Political Parties
- In 2012, contested as Governorship candidate of the ANPP
- Was ANPP BOT Member 2012 – 2014
- Deputy National Chairman ANPP, South, 2013 – 2014
- Member ANPP National Working Committee 2013/2014
- Member ANPP National Executive Committee 2013/2014
- Member ANPP National Rebuilding Committee 2013/2014
- Member APC Merger Committee 2014
- Member INEC/Legal Sub Committee 2014
- Chairman APC Merger office Allocation Committee 2014
- Member PDP Edo South caucus committee 2014
- Member PDP Edo South Uhunmwode Caucus Committee
- Member PDP Edo State Caucus
EXTRA CURRICULUM ACTIVITIES
Despite his busy schedules, He creates time to carry out some extra curriculum activities. Some of which are:
- Playing Table Tennis
Chief Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri is happily married and with children.
Chief Dr. Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri hopes to be a key player in driving Culture and Technology in Africa and Nigeria in particular.
To work with African and Nigerian government to build capacity in technical skills that can help the advancement of SMEs in our economy.
To strive for growth and sustainable development in our economy to be at par with what is obtainable in advance Countries.
Helps put in place programs that will eliminate extreme poverty in our society. Promote the principles of RITA (Responsibility, Integrity, Transparency and Accountability) in the society to guaranty more efficient and quality service to the people.
God willing, he will have the opportunity to lead the Edo people through democratic authority in no distant time. This will provide the unique opportunity to apply his wealth of experience to improve the lives of the people in the State.
Chief (Dr.) Solomon Iyobosa Edebiri is a Member of the Order of the Niger(MON) an honour bestowed on him by President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2006 for his Meritorious service to the nation Nigeria. He is a Paul Harris Fellow having contributed immensely to the welfare of humanity. He is a businessman with interest in oil and gas and specialty in industrial welding. He is a Captain of Industry home and abroad and one of Nigeria’s finest entrepreneurs of modern times.